|america's job center of california > job seekers > job seekers with disabilities > universal access workstations|
|What is a Universal Access Workstation?
|The Universal Access Station is designed with state-of-the art technology that can help job seekers with disabilities. Disability does not mean inability. This technology includes:
- Motorized adjustable workstations designed to accommodate all customers including those with wheelchairs or with limited mobility
- Assistive listening systems for the hard-of-hearing
- Video magnifiers, screen reading, magnification software and handheld magnifiers for the visually impaired
- Literacy support software which allows customers to both see and hear job information on the computer
- Specialized keyboards and mice, including keyboards with larger keys and alternative layouts
- Software which can help with basic sentence structure, word choices and spell checking, and can be used to create attention-grabbing résumés and cover letters
|America's Job Center staff will be available to assist you in using the Universal Access Workstation; these staff have been trained to help make your experience as successful as possible. This is another no-fee service provided by America's Job Center.|
|Where can I find a Universal Access Workstation?
|America's Job Center locations equipped with Universal Access Workstations
(Please call 325-HIRE for more information)